Grade II Listed Stuccoed Town Hall Receives Restoration Works
USL are pleased to have worked on the Town Hall of Sudbury, a well-proportioned building in the Greek classical style occupying a prestigious site overlooking the Old Market Place. The hall was built in 1828 by Thomas Ginn of Sudbury.
Further to inspections of the exterior of the town hall, USL were able to recommend and carry out restoration works to the existing cornice and parapet, to deal with weathering and failed sections of the existing stucco. The area was subject to exposed conditions resulting in water penetration through the joints. The restoration works were carried out on the exterior façade including East, South and West elevations, cornice (mouldings and weathering), upper parapet, lower parapet and pediment.