USL were pleased to be appointed as Principal Contractor for the restoration and reordering works to St Simon Zelotes, a lively Evangelical Anglican church built 1858-9 to the design of Joseph Peacock. The Anglican church received extensive building works, reordering and redesigning of the existing space to remain fit for future generations.
The extensive programme included;
- A renovated gallery with adaptations including a new staircase to allow for strengthening and extending the gallery for extra seating and storage space.
- Redesigning space by removing pews from the south aisle, the Lady Chapel, and the front row to enable more room for wheelchairs, musicians and wedding parties.
- Custom joinery comprised of new cupboards at the south end of the gallery, new bookcases, new gallery platform/balustrade, improvements to existing kitchen facilities and amendments to organ area.
- New stone flooring
- A disabled size WC in the main body of the church
- Installation of new sound system.
- Fitting of new lighting supply for WC and under the south balcony and the first-floor balcony area