St James Senior Boys' School is a thriving educational establishment in Ashford, Surrey. The school occupies a magnificent Victorian/Gothic building set in 32 acres of grounds, including an on-site chapel built in 1856.
This beautiful grade II listed building boasts luscious grounds, a picturesque lake as well as offering a stunning setting for hosting events and weddings. USL were pleased to take on the restoration works at this distinctive and well-respected school.
The restoration works comprised of:
- Full boarded working scaffold to SW & NW Gables
- Stone restoration including pointing and coping to the NW Gable.
- Stone replacement & repointing to Dormer Gables
- Chapel stone restoration, manufacture of new Bathstone apex and replacement.
- Brickwork repairs to West Gable, fractures removed and replaced with new bricks to match.
- Removed existing Celtic cross, supply and fix of new Bathstone Celtic cross to match existing.
- Redecoration to windows
- Full restoration to boardroom tracery windows including replacement of glazing, ventilation hoppers, stone restoration.
- Balcony restoration in Hartham Park Bathstone
- N & W elevation – flint repointing
- Restoration/ repointing to chimneystack
- Drainage & Rainwater Goods