Significant Grade-II Listed Harrow Landmark Receives External and Internal Restoration
USL was contracted to undertake the restoration and redecoration of the exterior and interior elements of the building including; re-tiling of the church roof, masonry and brickwork repairs, window glazing, leadwork and internal repairs and redecoration to church walls and flooring.
Universal Stone was pleased to be appointed as the specialist main contractor for the restoration of St George's Anglican Church in Headstone, Harrow. This red-bricked Grade-II Listed parish church was designed by JS (John Samuel) Alder (1847-1919), and consecrated in 1911. Alder’s work was mostly concentrated in London’s early twentieth century expanding suburbs and follows a late decorated ‘Gothic style’. Following extensive surveys and consideration by the architects CARDEN & GODFREY, the high-risk elements of the church were identified for repair or replacement.