Preserving Our Rich Naval History
USL was thrilled to be awarded the restoration project at Landguard Fort, one of England’s impressive examples of 18th Century defensive architecture.
The Grade 1 Listed bulding is the site of the last opposed seaborne invasion of England in 1667 and the first land battle of the Royal Marines. The current fort was built in the 18th Century, and modified in the 19th Century with substantial additional 19th-20th Century outside batteries. The fort continues to provide an explosive history; attracting tourists, enthusiasts and educational groups.
USL were tasked with carrying out the management and essential restoration works to the external fabric of the building including; essential repairs to asphalt and failing sections substrate roof areas, USL manufactured and fitted replicated timber blast vents, restoration to brickwork throughout, redecoration to existing window and doors including restoration and painting, custom joinery, windows and doors, masonry repairs and high quality redecoration.
The fort continues to provide an explosive history; attracting tourists, enthusiasts and educational groups.