The USL team were pleased to carry out vital repair works to the ragstone façade walls of St Luke’s Church, Redcliffe Gardens in London. This Grade II listed building is home to HTB Ear’s Court, a lively and progressive Anglican community. It was built in 1872–73 to designs by George and Henry Godwin. It has been Grade II listed since 2003. Pevsner describes it as "the last and the grandest of the three Kensington churches by the Godwins".
External works comprised of:
- Installation of scaffolding and barriers for works.
- Repair works to the South Façade included stone cleaning, careful removal of defective stone sections, lime mortar repairs to Ragstone, and replacement of coping and apex stones in Bath Stone.
- The West Façade received stone masonry repairs as well as the installation of debris netting for protection.
- North and East Façade restoration incorporated repairs and replacement to the parapet walls, removal of defective Ragstones, and lime mortar repairs.
- Repairs to the Tower section included installing bird protection netting on all sides and further repairs to the façade Ragstone.
- Cracks to the chimney were repaired through careful drilling and installation of steel dowels and set in resin. The stonework was made good with additional lime mortar repairs.