USL is now hiring for a key person to join our Project Estimating team. The role presents an opportunity for a strong, efficient, and highly organised Estimating Administrator to join our rural office near South Woodham Ferrers (Essex) as the main administrative point of contact for the estimating department, supporting and assisting estimators with all aspects of the pre and post tender process. The role also involves general administrative duties and support, acting as assistant to the General Manager.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, team-player, with strong communication skills and have a good sense of humour.
This varied and interesting role offers the opportunity to develop new skills and to progress within the company.
- Bid coordination inc. PQQs and tender submission
- Collation of subcontract pricing documents and chasing all necessary quotations
- Liaison with clients and tender follow-ups by phone & email
- Completion of basic estimating tasks as directed by estimators and compilation of setup/handover files.
- Registration, monitoring and upkeep of tender website information
- Compilation and submission of e.g., CHAS, Constructionline, Council supplier portals, TOMS
- Maintenance and creation of standard company documents, CVs, project profiles, PowerPoint presentations. Involvement in marketing, advertising, both generic and specific promotion of the business, including social media posts (in conjunction with others).
- Sales, estimating analysis, database input and reporting
- Admin management & organisation of the office & yard, including health and safety, co-ordinating site/yard reporting, preparing RAMS, H&S Plans, O&Ms
- General day to day admin tasks and delegation thereof, typing, filing, purchasing, dealing with IT issues.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar, construction-based role
- Accomplished, polite, telephone manner required and good communication skills, being comfortable with talking to people on the phone and face to face
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required.
- Excellent literary skills as well as fast, accurate typing.
- Sound numeracy skills with an analytical/logical approach.
- Good IT skills and proficient use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Project/Excel, Outlook Zoom/Teams and tender portals.
- Highly organised and pro-active, with a creative nature and excellent attention to detail as well as a keenness for business development and diversity opportunities
- Own transport essential due to rural location of offices. Close to Wickford, South and A130.
- Salary negotiable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent (Hours: 8:30-5:00)
Contact us on:
01245 326 721